Chicken Biryani is a mixed rice dish prepared using marinated chicken meat, crisp fried onions, and lots of spices.
Chicken Biryani Recipe is quick and easy recipe to make for prefect dinner. Serve it with a bowl of raita, it makes the dish more flavorful.
You can easily find the ingredients at your nearest grocery store. Prepare this dish during family gatherings and friends meet up.
The texture and aroma of biryani makes the overall dish looks appetizing filled with mouth-watering flavors.
- 1 kg Chicken (legs and drumstick preferably)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3-4 boiled eggs
- 2-3 onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2-3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Red chili powder as per your preferences
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp of biryani masala
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- Whole spices (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves & bay leaves)
- 4-5 mint leaves
How to make Chicken Biryani
- First of all, soak the basmati rice for approximately 30 minutes
- Heat up 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry sliced onion until it turns golden brown color
- Now let’s marinate the chicken. Take a bigger bowl and add a cup of yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, cumin powder, chili powder, garam masala powder, biryani masala, and salt to taste
- Mix everything well and let it sit for 20-30 minutes
- After that, add half-liter of water and then add whole spices
- Now put soaked rice and let it boil for 5 minutes approximately
- Take a bigger pot and add 2-3 tbsp of oil and fry the marinated chicken for 10-15 minutes
- Let’s start the layering process
- Add a layer of crisp fried onion over the chicken and then a layer of rice and repeat the process once again
- Now on the top layer add boiled eggs cut into halves and garnish with mint leaves and coriander
- And it’s ready to serve with some raita 🙂