Takha and Sanyakhuna are also must-have dishes in Newari culture. It is different than a regular meat item, an exotic frozen dish that looks like a jelly where takha is prepared by using buffalo meat and sanyakhuna using fish soup.
Usually prepared by cooking buffalo meat and bones separately along with the added spices and then mixing together and placed in a wide mud pot overnight to form a jelly. While for Sanyakhuna dried fishes are added in the mixture of boiling takha.
Ingredients for Takha recipe
- Buff meat with skin
- Salt(according to taste)
- Cumin powder (according to taste)
- Ginger Garlic paste(according to taste)
- Fenugreek seeds or methi
- Mustard Oil
How to make Takha
- First heat a pressure cooker, then cook the buff meat with skin adding little water at times till the skin melts.
- When the meat becomes sticky add water and if possible pour it in a pot made up of soil if not pour it in any container.
- Then take a pan and heat up 4-5 tbsp of mustard oil and add 1 tbsp of methi or fenugreek seeds
- Remove it after the seeds get black and add some turmeric powder, then immediately pour it in takha
- After it cools down, cover it with a lid and put in in the fridge
- Then takha is ready to serve 🙂
Ingredients for Sanyakhuna recipe
- Soup of Takha
- Dry small fish(sidra)
- Chilli powder
- Rough lemon(jambhiri)
- Salt to taste
How to make Sanyakhuna
- First of all heat a pan and fry small dry fish in oil
- After the dry small fish is fried, pour the dry small fish in the soup of takha
- Then, add chilli powder to it as it needs to be hot
- Then squeeze the rough lemon and then the sanyakhuna is ready.
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.