Samosa, by its name it is clear that everybody is familiar with these delicious snacks. It is a triangular-shaped flaky pastry filled with mashed potatoes, green peas, and lots of spices. It is also known as aloo samosa as it has potato sealed inside the wrappers.
Especially samosa is a well-known vegetarian dish for college students as it is their everyday morning snack. Every college canteen has samosa in its menu. Usually served with aalu kerau ko jhol tarkari or aalu matar ko sabji. Also, aloo samosa can be served with samosa sauce that is sweet in taste or tomato sauce.
A good samosa has to be crunchy and oil-free, filled with seasoned potatoes and mouthwatering spices. Aloo Samosa is a very popular snack during gatherings; meetings serve with a hot cup of masala tea. It is a quick easy snack you can easily find in your nearby restaurants.
Mostly in Indian restaurants, Samosa is the popular dish and the way they serve samosa with tarkari and chutney makes the dish appetizing. It is one of the most affordable snacks for everyone as it costs like 15-20 for a piece.
Previously samosa is considered as a vegetarian dish, but a nowadays different version of samosa is available in town. Such as chicken samosa, mutton samosa, buff samosa, etc. However the most popular till now is aloo samosa. People prefer aloo samosa above non-veg samosa.
Here representing the quick and easy recipe for homemade aloo samosa. You can make samosa dough by yourself or go buy some samosa wrappers from your nearest grocery store. Let’s start with the ingredients.
Ingredients for dough
- A bowl of all-purpose flour
- melted ghee or oil
- a cup of water
- 1/2 tablespoon ajwain or carom seeds
- salt to taste
Ingredients for Potato filing
- 3-4 boiled mashed potatoes
- a cup of green peas
- Chopped cashew nuts
- 3 chopped chilies
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 1 tbsp meat masala
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- chili flakes (as per your preference)
- 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste
- finely chopped coriander
How to make delicious Aloo Samosa
Step 1: Make dough for samosa covering
- First of all, mix up the flour, ajwain, and ghee or oil then knead it thoroughly with your hands
- Add water little by little and then make a dough, don’t make dough soft it should be stiff and hard if you are looking forward to crispy samosa
- Let the dough sit for at least half an hour before you start making the samosa
Step 2: Make potato filing for samosa
- First of all, heat up some oil in a pan and then add cumin seed
- After that add 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste and fry it for a while
- Now add green peas and chilies and saute it for 1 minute
- Add all the seasonings like cumin powder, meat masala or samosa masala, chili flakes and salt as per your preference
- Then add some chopped cashew nuts and stir it for a while
- After that, add boiled mashed potatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes
- At last, add chopped coriander on top and mix it properly
- Let it sit for at least 10 minutes
Step 3: Let’s make Aloo samosa
- Firstly, knead the dough properly and then make 4-5 dough balls
- Add some oil in wooden belan set and start rolling the dough balls into oval-shaped
- Don’t make the dough too thick not too thin, and then cut it into halves
- Now join the edges to make cone-shaped like structure and hold it within your fingers
- After that add a spoon of potato filings and seal it nicely
- Do it similarly for rest of the samosa
- Now it’ s ready to fry
Step:4 Frying process for samosa
- Heat up a half-liter of oil in a bigger pan in a medium flame
- Add those samosas into the pan and fry it slowly
- Let it fry until the samosa turns golden brown in color or deep-fried
- Now it’s ready to serve. Add some chutney or sauce for more flavors
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.
Leave a Reply