Gajar ko Halwa also known as carrot halwa or carrot pudding is a very famous dessert that is prepared using freshly grated carrots mixed with milk, ghee, sugar, and dry fruits.
The grated carrots are cooked in full-fat milk and then later sweetened with sugar. It is then garnished with dry fruits and cardamom powder for extra flavors.
Gajar ko halwa Recipe is very quick and easy to make at your own kitchen. The ingredients are very easy to find in your kitchen or nearest grocery store. You can prepare this delicious carrot pudding during family gatherings or friends meet up.
- Carrots Grated (around 6 carrots)
- Half cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 liter milk
- Chopped dry fruits to garnish (cashew, nuts, pistachio etc.)
How to make Gajar ko Halwa
- First of all, heat up 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and then cook the grated carrots for 5 minutes
- After that add half cup sugar or as per your preference and then let it cook for a minute
- It will start giving thick texture and then add another 1 tbsp of ghee along with cardamom powder.
- Then let it cook for approximately 5 minutes in medium flame
- After that, it will give golden color texture
- Now pour a half-liter of milk and then let it cook in medium flame until the milk is completely evaporated
- At last, garnish with chopped dry fruits on top
- And it’s ready to serve 🙂
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.
February 6, 2023 at 3:42 pm
Thank you, love your recipe’s instructions. Very well explained. I am really excited to make this one with my sister