Choila is a typical Newari appetizer that is incredibly hot, spicy, and full of delectable flavors. Previously only buff meat is regarded as choila, however, there are varieties of other choila recipes nowadays such as mushroom choila, soybean choila, tofu choila, etc.
People are creating new recipes using choila ingredients and nowadays choila momo is also among standout dishes everybody wants to try.
Choila momo is prepared using steam momos seasoned with lots of spices with delectable flavors. The spices give strong aroma and a good texture that makes the dish delectable.
You can easily find this dish in Newari restaurants, the heavenly taste will hit your taste buds and make you drool over and over again.
Here is the recipe for Chicken Choila, however you can try the same way for other choila momo recipes like:
- Buff Choila Momo
- Veg Choila Momo
- Paneer Choila Momo
- Mutton Choila Momo
If you want to try this easy and quick recipe at home, do follow the steps properly and enjoy it with your friends and family.
- 10-20 pieces chicken momos
- Chopped green garlic shoots
- 1/2 chopped onion
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp mustard oil
- 3 tbsp of oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 tomatoes
- Dry red chili paste
- Finely chopped ginger-garlic
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Methi (Fenugreek seeds)
How to make Choila Momo
- First of all, if you are using frozen or fresh momos, steam it
- Now let’s make a red chili paste, for this take a wider pan, add some mustard oil and fry 3-4 dry chilies until it gets light brown
- Then boil 2 tomatoes and grind it along with red dry chili. It should be a thick paste or else you can buy choila paste from any grocery store
- Pour it on the top of momo and then add chopped onion, cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste and mix it properly
- Then take a pan and heat some oil and add 1 tablespoon of methi or fenugreek seeds
- Remove it after the seeds get black and add some turmeric powder, then immediately pour it in momo
- Now garnish with chopped garlic shoots and coriander on top
- And it’s ready to serve 🙂
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.