Potato Chili is a popular dish served as an appetizer or starter snack where the crispy fried potatoes are mixed with varieties of spices and then tossed it in a sweet and sour tomato chili sauce.
It is a vegan dish that is deliciously filled with spices full of mouth-watering flavors.
The aroma and the texture of potato chili make the dish looks delectable and more appetizing.
Chili potato recipe is a quick and easy snack that you can prepare during family and friends gatherings. It is a popular dish in Indian and Nepalese restaurants mostly served as a starter.
There are two versions of Aloo chili dry and gravy. You can make it as a dry version by adding less sauce however add more sauce or tomato curry to make it a delicious gravy version.
The top fact about this recipe is you can add any amount of spices and sauce as per your preferences. If you are a spicy lover then add more green chilies and chili sauce to fulfill your craving for spiciness. The spicy flavor in potato chili recipe will hit your taste buds to another level.
Just make sure that the potatoes should be crispy or crunchy and served hot so that the crispiness in the potato doesn’t disappear. Try this easy delicious chili potato recipe at your own kitchen.
For frying potatoes
- 2 chopped potatoes
- A glass of water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Oil to fry
For making potato chili
- 2 chopped ginger garlic
- 1 chopped onion and spring onions
- 2-3 chopped green chilies
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- Red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sichuan pepper (timur)
- 1/2 tbsp Black pepper
How to make Potato Chili / Aloo Chili
- First of all, heat up some oil in a pan and then start marinating chopped potatoes
- In a bowl, add potatoes, plain flour, chili powder, salt to taste, black pepper, and start mixing it by adding water
- After that, add marinated potatoes and let them fry until it gets golden brown. Make sure the outer layer gets crunchy
- Take it out in a bowl and in the same pan add chopped onions, spring onions, capsicum along with chopped ginger-garlic cloves
- Then go ahead and add a tbsp of Sichuan pepper(timur), 1 tbsp red chili paste, soy sauce, vinegar, and chopped green chilies. Mix everything properly.
- Add fried potatoes and then give it a stir
- Now add some tomato sauce or ketchup and then let it cook for a few minutes on high flame.
- At last, garnish with chopped coriander on top
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.