Mushroom chili is a very delicious snack that is prepared using stir-fried mushroom dipped in a spicy and sweet flavored sauce. The sauce is prepared using various ingredients such as onion, tomatoes, ketchup, capsicum, soy sauce, and lots of spices in it.
The mushroom Chili recipe is a simple recipe that is quick and easy to make. It is eaten as an appetizer or also you can enjoy it with rice or beaten rice. Chili mushroom is prepared by using stir-fried mushrooms or dipped in a batter and then fry.
You can use any kind of mushroom that is easily available near your grocery store. If you are a mushroom lover, then you should definitely try this easy homemade mushroom chili recipe.
Besides mushroom chili, there are numerous delicious mushroom recipes you can try such as mushroom curry, mushroom choila, garlic mushroom, etc.
You can try it for quick dinner recipes and enjoy it with your friends and family. Serve it with roti, basmati rice or beaten rice.
The aroma and texture of this homemade dry chili mushroom recipe will give you restaurant-style taste filled with mouthwatering flavors.
- 500 g Mushroom
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3-4 dried red chilies
- 2-3 chopped green chilies
- Chopped spring onions
- Chopped capsicum
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Chili powder (as per your preference)
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Chopped coriander
How to make mushroom chili
- First of all, boil a jug of water and then soak the mushroom in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the mushroom chunks into desired shapes
- Heat up 3-4 tbsp of oil in a pan. Fry mushroom chunks until it gets golden brown and takes it out in a plate
- After that add garlic cloves, chopped onion, capsicum, green chili, and give it a stir
- Now add chopped tomatoes and then add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and salt to taste. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp of cumin powder, chili powder along with soy sauce, ketchup, and black pepper and then mix everything well
- Add fried mushroom and stir it thoroughly. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes in medium flame heat
- Add spring onions and then close the lid for 30 seconds
- At last garnish with chopped coriander on top
- And it’s ready to serve 🙂
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.