Veg Chatamari is famous for Newari style pizza filled with varieties of luscious toppings. It has a very thin crust made with rice flour and is specially prepared during festivals and various occasions. Mostly crispy and soft from inside with lots of enjoyable toppings and heavenly flavors, which is mostly served during breakfast.
Chatamari is a very popular snack and looks similar to a crepe. Mostly famous as street food that can be eaten plain or with palatable toppings.
Try this easy and quick veg chatamari recipe at your home filled with delectable flavors. You can add any veggies of your wish. Since it is veg chatmari egg is completely optional, if you like an egg then go for it it will make your chatamari taste more amazing.
- 200 g rice flour
- Potato boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup boiled black-eyed beans
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 onion chopped
- Finely chopped coriander
- Carrot grated
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Cumin powder
- Green chilli chopped
- Soya chunks boiled
- Egg (optional)
How to make Newari Veg Chatamari
- First of all, mix rice flour in water to form a thin running paste 2/3 hour beforehand cooking.
- Mix the mashed potato, soya chunks, black-eyed beans, chopped onion and coriander leaves, salt, cumin powder and green chilli, tomatoes in a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat saucepan in high flame for a minute covering with a deep lid( preferably clay lid).
- Reduce flame and then pour flour mixture using a ladle.
- Cover it with the lid until small pores appear in roti.
- Use hands to add potato mix and cover again. Cook in low flame for a minute
- Garnish with chopped carrot & coriander leaves
- At last, carefully transfer to a plate using a flat spatula
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.