Shapu Mhicha also known as water buffalo bone marrow is a beloved and popular dish of Newar Community. It contains buffalo leaf tripe stuffed with bone marrow and eaten as a side dish or snacks. Also, it is served with alcohol i.e. chhyang and aila.
Saphu Mhicha is so juicy, perfectly fried, and looks so delectable. If you are around Kathmandu valley, then do try this dish. You can rarely find it in Newari eateries as it takes a longer time to prepare. There are some rare famous Newari junctions in Kathmandu valley that serves amazingly delicious saphu micha.
Ingredients for Saphu Mhicha
- 4-5 pieces of Buffalo leaf tripe
- Buffalo bone marrow
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder
- Chili powder (as per your preferences)
- Oil for frying
How to make Shapu Mhicha
- First of all, cut buffalo leaf tripe into small pieces
- After that place them in layers to form bags
- Now stuff bone marrow into the buffalo leaf tripe bags
- Tie them with a piece of thread
- Boil the bags and then drain. Let it sit for 15-20minutes before frying
- Heat up some oil in a pan and then fry those bags
- Fry it until it gets deep fried and take it out in a plate
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.
Leave a Reply