Tandoori chicken, the name itself develops from a bell-shaped tandoor clay oven that is also used to prepare naan roti. It is prepared by marinating chicken thighs or skinless leg meat dipped in yogurt and mixed with varieties of spices.
The dish originated from the Indian subcontinent and is popular in many other parts of the world. You can easily find this dish in top restaurants near you or the local dhaba or eateries that serve the best chicken tandoori ever.
Tandoori Chicken Recipe is perfect for gatherings with friends and families. You can enjoy this dish with any kind of drinks preferably alcohol during gatherings or parties. It is easy to make and quick recipe for starter during gatherings.
The best meat for chicken tandoori is chicken thigh or legs; we usually don’t use chicken breast for the tandoori recipe as it will dry so easily.
You can either gas grill or clay oven grill using fire or charcoal. However it can also be prepared in non-sticky pan.
Methods to cook Chicken Tandoori
- For a gas grill, just turn on one-half of the burners and put the chicken over it,
- If you are using clay oven using charcoal then just put one side charcoal and another side empty to maintain the heat,
- Or using a non-stick pan then just add a tablespoon of oil before frying
- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Garam Masala (1 tbsp)
- Chicken Masala or Tandoori Masala
- Chili powder (as per your preference)
- 1 Cup yogurt
- Onion (ring-shaped)
- Lemon (round-shaped)
How to make Chicken Tandoori
- First of all, clean and cut the chicken into desirable pieces and then take a bigger bowl to marinate the chicken
- Now add 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tbsp of turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, meat masala (preferably tandoori masala, chili powder, and salt to taste and then give it a stir
- After that add a cup of yogurt and a tablespoon of vinegar and then mix everything thoroughly
- Let it sit for 2 hours approximately
- Now prepare your grill, a gas grill, just turn on one-half of the burners and put the chicken over it. Put some oil on the outer layer using a brush.
- Also if you are preparing over charcoal then just put one side charcoal and another side empty to maintain the heat.
- Use tongs to flip the chicken and after 10 minutes it will start burning and gives smoky flavors
- Turn the heat to low flame and then check either it’s cooked or not
- Finally, it’s ready to serve. Add some onions and lemons on a plate
- Squeeze some lemon and enjoy 🙂
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.
Leave a Reply