Butter Chicken also is known as murgh makhani is one of the most popular curries originating from the Indian subcontinent, where the grilled chicken is cooked in a mildly spiced tomato sauce.
The delicious, mouthwatering butter chicken is now popular all across the world. It is usually served with naan.
Butter chicken recipe is easy to make seasoned with butter chicken sauce and marinated chicken gives the authentic Indian flavor. The wholesome ingredients make the dish looks delicious and appetizing.
You can easily find butter chicken in every Indian restaurant’s menu and the best part of preparing chicken makhani at home is you can easily find all the ingredients from your local grocery store.
You can either use a pressure cooker to make butter chicken masala or else just go with a non-stick pan. Prepare the best and delicious chicken makhani at your home and enjoy it with your friends and family. If you are a beginner then do follow the steps properly and your dinner is done.
- 1 kg Chicken
- Oil to fry
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 5-6 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp meat masala
- Garam masala (2 Cloves, 1 Cinnamon Stick, 2 Cardamoms)
- 2 Bay Leaves (Tej Patta)
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder (as per your preference)
- Chopped coriander
How to make butter chicken masala
- First of all, heat up 2 tbsp of butter in a pan and fry chicken meat for about 2-3 minutes or Preheat oven to 180°C and bake until 10-15 minutes until deep fried
- Add a tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste and let the chicken fry for another 10 minutes and take it out in a plate
- Add some oil in the same pan and then put cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom along with bay leaves
- After 15-20 seconds, add finely chopped onions and green chilies and give it a stir
- Now add chopped tomatoes along with 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and salt to taste then close the lid for 1-2 minutes in low flame
- Add all the seasonings cumin powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, meat masala preferably butter chicken masala and then mix everything properly
- After that add a glass of water and close the lid & let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Afterward, let it cool down and take out bay leaves and blend the mixture and make a thick gravy
- Again heat up 2 tbsp butter and add a tbsp of ginger-garlic paste and pour the gravy into it
- Now add a cup of milk and let it cook for 1-2 minutes before adding chicken
- Add the fried chickens and mix it thoroughly and let it cook for 10 minutes in low flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander on top
- And it’s ready to serve 🙂
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.