Chicken chili momo is also known as C momo is a very popular snack in every street stalls and restaurants in Nepal. It is prepared using leftover or fresh momos, deep-fried in oil and then dipped in a spicy sauce.
Various veggies like onions, tomatoes, capsicum, spring onions can be added for extra flavors. This will give you a good texture and the aroma makes the dish tangy and appetizing. And the spices filled in it hits your taste buds to another level.
Spicy hot Chili Momo sauce can be made in different ways using soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, etc. You can find varieties of spicy chili momo from local eateries to top restaurants.
You can either use frozen momos or leftover momos to make this delicious chili momo. Frozen momos are easily available in your nearest grocery store. Either fry those momos if you want crispy and crunchy else just go with steam momos.
This is the recipe for chicken momo however you can use other different varieties of momo for Spicy Hot Chili Momo
- Buff momo
- Veg momo
- Paneer momo
- Mutton momo
It is a quick and easy snack recipe that you can easily make at your kitchen and enjoy yourself with friends and families. Especially prepare for family gatherings and serve with a glass of chilled coke or any kind of soft-drinks.
- 1 plate ready-made or leftover momos
- Oil to fry
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- Chopped spring onion
- 2-3 chopped green chilies
- 1/2 chopped capsicum
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 3 tbsp ketchup
How to make Spicy Chicken Chili Momo
- First of all, heat up some oil in a wider pan and fry those leftover momos until golden brown
- For the hot sauce, heat up a pan and add some oil
- Add 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste and then add 1 chopped onion. Sauté for a minute
- Now add chopped capsicum and tomatoes and then add some salt to taste and 1/2 tbsp of cumin powder
- Then add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, and 1 tbsp chili flakes or as per your preference
- After that add chopped green chilies along with 3 tbsp ketchup. Mix everything well and check the seasoning
- Then add fried momos, coat every momo with the hot sauce
- Garnish with some spring onions or coriander
- And it’s ready to serve 🙂
If you like our recipe, don’t forget to click the bell icon to get notified for a future recipe. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page @listynp for other updates and cooking videos.